Discover the monuments, streets and squares of Berlin with this tour, ideal to get to know the German capital at first glance. What's more, it's FREE!
Berlin Free Tour
The tour begins at the Brandenburg Gate, a fitting location as one of Berlin's most emblematic sights. It is one with a long history, from its origins in the 18th century built by Prussian king Frederick William II, it was the entry to Unter den Linden, the renowned boulevard of linden trees, which led directly to the royal palace.
And the tour continues to take in the pivotal locations in Berlin's storied history, such as Checkpoint Charlie, (the best known crossing point between East and West Berlin and symbol of the Cold War) The Berlin Wall itself, the Führerbunker, the Luftwaffe HQ (the German airforce headquarters) and the book burning memorial. This tour will illuminate how Berlin shaped the world in the 20th century, and turned from a symbol of division into a symbol of unification and hope.
- The tour has an average length of 2.5 hours, usually ending at Bebelplatz. However, the guides with whom we work will vary their route depending on the best interests of your group.
- This tour is designed for small groups and individual travellers. Larger groups are not permitted. If you are a group of more than 6, please take a look at our private tours of Berlin.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Free tours do not have a fixed price, rather each person offers the guide the amount they consider appropriate, depending on their level of satisfaction.
2 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
English speaking expert guide.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 3 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Yes (you must attend with a carer).
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation in the control panel, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.
Starbucks by the Brandenburg Gate