The city of Berlin is divided into various tariff zones: AB (central Berlin), BC and ABC.
- Single ticket zones AB: 2.80€
- Single ticket zones BC: 3.10€
- Single ticket zones ABC: 3.40€
It is mandatory to validate your ticket either at a metro station, once you get on a bus or tram. Once your ticket is active, it will be valid for two-hours.
The following travel cards give you unlimited access to the city’s public transport system during its validity period:
|Zones AB||Zones BC||Zones ABC|
|1 Day Ticket||7€||7.40€||7.70€|
The daily tickets are valid until 3am of the following day.
- Berlin Welcome Card: various types of Berlin Welcome Card available with different prices and duration.
- Short distance ticket: valid for three stops (U-Bahn, S-Bahn) and 6 stops in buses and trams. An AB ticket costs 1.70€.
- 4 single journey tickets (zones AB): 9€
- Group day ticket for 5 people: Zones AB: 19.90€, zones BC: 20.60€, zones ABC: 20.80€.
- Extension ticket: If you already have a ticket for zones AB or BC, and want to travel to zone A or C, you should buy an extension ticket. It costs 1.60€ extra.
Where to purchase the tickets?
You can buy a ticket or travel card from any of the ticket offices or from the ticket vending machines at the U-Bahn and S-Bahn stations.
The bus and tram drivers also sell one-way and one-day tickets, but make sure you have the right change if you want to purchase a ticket on a tram, since the tram drivers only accept coins.