How expensive is it to travel to Berlin? How much do restaurants cost? Is the public transport costly? Are the hotels cheap? Find out the average daily costs in Berlin to plan your stay in the capital city.
Daily costs in Berlin are generally inexpensive. Visitors can eat out very cheaply since the city is packed with fast food stands selling kebabs, hotdogs and currywurst. Moreover, average sit-down restaurants are also affordable, especially compared to other European capitals like Vienna, Amsterdam or Rome.
Although the entrance tickets to most museums and places of interest are a little pricey, you can save by following our tips and advice.
Examples of Prices in Berlin
The following list shows the prices of a few products and services, so that you can get an idea of the prices in Rome and can plan accordingly.
Food and drink
- A currywurst (German sausage): € 2.50 (US$ 2.70)
- A kebab: € 4 (US$ 4.30).
- 500ml German beer: € 4 (US$ 4.30).
- Dinner for two at an average restaurant: € 35 (US$ 37.80) (minimum, without wine).
- Underground (U-Bahn) single journey ticket (zones A-B): € 3 (US$ 3.20)
- One-day travel card (zones A-B): € 8.80 (US$ 9.50)
- 48-hour Berlin WelcomeCard: € 24 (US$ 25.90)
- Taxi from Schönefeld Airport to the city center: € 55 (US$ 59.50) (approximately).
- A double room in a centrally-located hotel: from € 60 (US$ 64.90)