Daily costs in Berlin are generally inexpensive. Visitors can eat out very cheaply since the city is packed with fast food stands selling kebabs, hotdogs and currywurst. Moreover, average sit-down restaurants are also affordable, especially compared to other European capitals like Vienna, Amsterdam or Rome.
Examples of Prices in Berlin
The following list shows the prices of a few products and services, so that you can get an idea of the prices in Rome and can plan accordingly.
Food and drink
- A currywurst (German sausage): € 2.50 (US$ 3)
- A kebab: € 4 (US$ 4.70).
- 500ml German beer: € 4 (US$ 4.70).
- Dinner for two at an average restaurant: € 35 (US$ 41.50) (minimum, without wine).
- Underground (U-Bahn) single journey ticket (zones A-B): € 2.80 (US$ 3.30)
- One-day travel card (zones A-B): € 7 (US$ 8.30)
- 48-hour Berlin WelcomeCard: € 19.90 (US$ 23.60)
- Taxi from Schönefeld Airport to the city center: € 50 (US$ 59.30) (approximately).
- A double room in a centrally-located hotel: from € 60 (US$ 71.20)