Daily costs in Berlin are generally inexpensive. Visitors can eat out very cheaply since the city is packed with fast food stands selling kebabs, hotdogs and currywurst. Moreover, average sit-down restaurants are also affordable, especially compared to other European capitals like Vienna, Amsterdam or Rome.
The following list shows the prices of a few products and services, so that you can get an idea of the prices in Rome and can plan accordingly.
Food and drink
- A currywurst (German sausage): 2,50€.
- A kebab: 4€.
- 500ml German beer: 4€.
- Dinner for two at an average restaurant: 35€ (minimum, without wine).
- Underground (U-Bahn) single journey ticket (zones A-B): 2.70€
- One-day travel card (zones A-B): 7€
- 48-hour Berlin WelcomeCard: 19,50€
- Taxi from Schönefeld Airport to the city center: 50€ (approximately).
- A double room in a centrally-located hotel: from 60€