Step back in time and learn about the history of the Cold War in the German capital with this Berlin Wall Free Tour. You'll walk through the remains of the wall as you discover what life was like in a totally divided city.
Berlin Wall Free Tour
At the appointed time we'll meet at the Tränenpalast in Berlin to start a free tour that will take us to some of the most important locations around the city during the Cold War.
We'll spend three and a half hours walking the streets of Berlin while we learn about the Western and Eastern Bloc secrets during the conflict in the German capital. Our first stop will be the Nordbahnhof ghost station, right on the edge of what was "the two Berlins".
Following on, we'll take in the views of the Berlin Wall at the Bernauer Strasse Memorial. The guide will tell us about some of the tensest moments that were experienced in this area during those years. You'll feel goosebumps!
During the free tour, we'll visit the Wall Documentation Museum, the Church of Reconciliation and the East Side Gallery, the best preserved section of the Berlin Wall, where the tour will end.
Our free tour is only for a maximum of 6 people. If you're a larger group, we recommend booking the tour of Berlin during the Cold War.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Free tours do not have a fixed price, rather each person offers the guide the amount they consider appropriate, depending on their level of satisfaction.
3 hours 30 minutes.
The tour is exclusively in English.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
If there are still places available, you can book until the previous day (local time in Berlin).
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
Yes (you must attend with a carer).
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation in the control panel, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.
Tränenpalast (Palace of Tears)